Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuvenfinance
Octiva creates robotic labor automation solutions for the Controlled Environment Agriculture market in close collaboration and at the service of innovative growers. Octiva was created in 2021 from a merger from Priva’s robotic solutions and Octinion’s agricultural robotics. Priva is one of the global leaders in horticulture process control, Octinion is known for building ground-breaking agricultural robotics. With teams in De Lier (The Netherlands) and Leuven (Belgium), Octiva has about 40 employees.
For our Financial department, we’re currently looking for a Conscientious Accountant. We're looking for a diligent Accountant to keep our books and records on track with unwavering accuracy. The most successful candidate will have a natural passion for problem solving and a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial transactions within the organization. This position requires a high degree of autonomy, yet also needs to be an excellent team player. You will play an enormously important supportive role in our tight knit organization.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Post and process journal entries (sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank statements, expense accounts, deferred and accrued charges…) to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable
- Update accounts payable and prepare payments
- Prepare invoices and ensure timely payment
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; analyze and reconcile accounts payable ledgers
- Processing of monthly balance sheets, income statements, yearly statuary accounts and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Prepare monthly group consolidation focusing on eliminating inter-company transactions
- Update financial records to ensure that information is accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist the CEO & CFO in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/yearly closing
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant domain
- Proven experience as an experienced accountant
- Proficient in Dutch
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong with numbers and figures and analytical acumen
- Proficient understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and familiarity with relevant ERP Financial software, previous experience with Netsuite is considered as a major added value
- Engaged team player, however able to work independently and flexible
- Agile and with a curious nature, ready for the challenges of a young, growing organization in full and multifaceted expansion
- Open-minded, self-aware, with strong interpersonal competencies
At Octiva you’ll become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Our organization culture is Teal, meaning that we focus very strongly on self-management, wholeness and evolutionary purpose – therefore it is important that you align with our purpose: being an innovator, collaborating with organizations world-wide to create disruptive solutions that help to use earth’s resources in a sustainable way. Since we are a young company the opportunities are ample. We will give you the training you require to further develop your expertise and knowledge.