Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Octiva creates robotic labor automation solutions for the Controlled Environment Agriculture market in close collaboration and at the service of innovative growers. Octiva was created in 2021 from a merger from Priva’s robotic solutions and Octinion’s agricultural robotics. Priva is one of the global leaders in horticulture process control, Octinion is known for building ground-breaking agricultural robotics. With teams in De Lier (The Netherlands) and Leuven (Belgium), Octiva has about 40 employees.
To support our growth, we’re currently looking for a DevOps. Your role will be broad, from helping us improve and maintain our internal company IT infrastructure, to involvement in the development of a cloud platform to manage a fleet of robots, as well as some ad hoc smaller projects.
Your tasks will include:
- managing computer networks: configuration of networks, firewalls, routing, nameservers, ...
- managing server infrastructures: Linux servers, AWS, ...
- test-driven development, unit tests, continuous integration (Jenkins, ...)
- managing micro-service architectures: docker, Kubernetes, application servers, ...
- managing Cloud infrastructure to centralize data gathered by robots
- 1st line support for Windows user (in cooperation with an external service provider)
- active at the interface of supporting services and engineering, you'll be responsible for the preparation of system delivery
- You have a technical background (master or bachelor in IT or software)
- Ideally you have 1-3 years of relevant experience (as sys admin or developer)
- Your technical skills include:
- Linux (configuration, commandline/bash)
- SQL databases, noSQL databases, distributed caches
- Any knowledge of IoT is a plus (deployment, configuration, communication protocols such as mqtt or other message brokers)
- You have high standards and strive for perfection, but you also know how to be pragmatic in order to respect the deadlines and budget.
- You communicate well and can work in team as well as autonomously
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English is required (written and oral)
At Octiva you’ll become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Our organization culture is Teal, meaning that we focus very strongly on self-management, wholeness and evolutionary purpose – therefore it is important that you align with our purpose: being an innovator, collaborating with organizations world-wide to create disruptive solutions that help to use earth’s resources in a sustainable way. Since we are a young company the opportunities are ample. We will give you the training you require to further develop your expertise and knowledge.