Software Architect / Octinion
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, LeuvenProjects
Octiva creates robotic labor automation solutions for the Controlled Environment Agriculture market in close collaboration and at the service of innovative growers. Octiva was created in 2021 from a merger from Priva’s robotic solutions and Octinion’s agricultural robotics. Priva is one of the global leaders in horticulture process control, Octinion is known for building ground-breaking agricultural robotics. With teams in De Lier (The Netherlands) and Leuven (Belgium), Octiva has about 40 employees
As a Software Architect, you’ll be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining software frameworks for custom robot applications. You'll need to identify the needs of different stakeholders and take them into account when designing an architecture or implementing new features into an existing architecture. Architectural design is done in open discussion and collaboration with colleagues, not in a hierarchical way. As projects/products evolve, the software architecture will have to do so as well, hence the importance of design for change early on. You'll be writing the code yourself, in collaboration with colleagues. Providing support for developers and testers is part of the job.
- You have a Master’s degree in mechatronics, robotics or computer science
- Knowledge of architectural design patterns is a plus, knowledge of C++ and python is a plus
- You’re keen on writing well structured and you document accurately and consistently and you have a “think before you code” attitude
- Any self-taught technical knowledge is a strong advantage
- You have high standards and strive for perfection, but you also know how to be pragmatic in order to respect the deadlines and budget
- You communicate well and are able to work in team
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English is required (written and oral)
At Octiva you’ll become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Our organization culture is Teal, meaning that we focus very strongly on self-management, wholeness and evolutionary purpose – therefore it is important that you align with our purpose: being an innovator, collaborating with organizations world-wide to create disruptive solutions that help to use earth’s resources in a sustainable way. Since we are a young company the opportunities are ample. We will give you the training you require to further develop your expertise and knowledge.