Software Test & Validation Engineer / Octiva
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Octiva creates robotic labor automation solutions for the Controlled Environment Agriculture market in close collaboration and at the service of innovative growers. Octiva was created in 2021 from a merger from Priva’s robotic solutions and Octinion’s agricultural robotics. Priva is one of the global leaders in horticulture process control, Octinion is known for building ground-breaking agricultural robotics. With teams in De Lier (The Netherlands) and Leuven (Belgium), Octiva has about 40 employees.
We are looking for a dedicated SW Test & Validation Engineer, in this role you will be responsible for:
- Run safety tests and create the final reporting.
- Assist in the develop Software and Hardware test benches
- Generate a test plan based on the test requirements of our Software development team
- Run tests and validate new software releases
- Optimize testing efficiency by exploring new technologies and simulation tools to test Soft & Hardware.
- On a regular base align and coordinate with our developers, product owners and project leaders.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Mechatronics, Electronics and/or Computer Science
- At ease with complex systems
- Strong experience with command line
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience in Software Testing
- Professional experience in Python is a plus
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Open for occasional traveling
At Octiva you’ll become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Our organization culture is Teal, meaning that we focus very strongly on self-management, wholeness and evolutionary purpose – therefore it is important that you align with our purpose: being an innovator, collaborating with organizations world-wide to create disruptive solutions that help to use earth’s resources in a sustainable way. Since we are a young company the opportunities are ample. We will give you the training you require to further develop your expertise and knowledge.