Executive Assistant to the CEO
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven/Mechelen
Octiva creates robotic labor automation solutions for the Controlled Environment Agriculture market in close collaboration and at the service of innovative growers. Octiva was created in 2021 from a merger from Priva’s robotic solutions and Octinion’s agricultural robotics. Priva is one of the global leaders in horticulture process control, Octinion is known for building ground-breaking agricultural robotics. With teams in De Lier (The Netherlands) and Leuven (Belgium), Octiva has about 40 employees.
We are looking for a dedicated Senior Executive Assistant to the CEO.
In this role you will serve as the principal administrative and operational support, handle matters of organizational importance as requested and as appropriate. You’ll administrate and coordinate in order to optimize the overall operational activities of the organization. Your most important task is to relieve the CEO of a variety of administrative, operational tasks and communications, demonstrate the ability to initiate and perform effective research and follow-up on a wide range of administrative and organizational projects.
You’re able to consistently perform high quality work and proactively unburden the CEO, while maintaining effective and professional working relationships with our internal leaders and key staff as well as clients and other external relations.
You will play an enormously important supportive role in our tight knit organization, and will report directly to the CEO and founder.
Your Key Responsibility Area will be:
1. Provide comprehensive operational and administrative support to the CEO.
- Operate with a high degree of independent judgment to relieve the CEO of administrative and business detail, including designing & implementing new procedures to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Develop action plans needed to help the company grow and accomplish their annual goals and objectives.
- Collect and prepare information and documents, create presentations using MS office.
- Plan & schedule the CEOs calendar and organize activities, book travels, schedule meetings, follow through on any open topic and manage times and expenses.
- Conduct research as necessary on issues of importance and sensitivity; producing briefing materials and information for the CEO.
- Collaborate with members of different departments within our company and crafts a smooth workflow which may entail soliciting assistance from colleagues and helping others. This will include follow-through and flexibility to ensure appropriate and timely actions and deadlines are met.
2. Manage flow of information through the office of the CEO
- Take initiative to independently address a variety of matters and make autonomous decisions according to established policy, on behalf of the CEO.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team and determines operational call for action and follow-up as necessary.
- Handle calls, write correspondence and emails on behalf of the CEO or direct to appropriate staff.
- Master’s degree is required.
- 6 years of proven experience in a similar role as Executive or Management Assistant.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, thrives when put under pressure, able to juggle a wide range of different tasks. Flexible towards change and unforeseen circumstances.
- Willing to go the extra mile (no nine to five mentality);
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- High level of discretion, empathy and confidentiality;
- Computer literate, experience with MS Office programs.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (another language is an asset)
- Wants to contribute to a performing team in a growing international company
- Ability to work independently, multitask and prioritize with an eye for details and quality.
- Dynamic and proactive attitude.
- Discretion and confidentiality are key assets.
- You have high standards and strive for perfection, but you also know how to be pragmatic in order to respect the deadlines and budget
- You have a drivers’ license type B and are willing to work from both our office in Leuven as Mechelen (Zemst)
At Octiva you’ll become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Our organization culture is Teal, meaning that we focus very strongly on self-management, wholeness and evolutionary purpose – therefore it is important that you align with our purpose: being an innovator, collaborating with organizations world-wide to create disruptive solutions that help to use earth’s resources in a sustainable way. Since we are a young company the opportunities are ample. We will give you the training you require to further develop your expertise and knowledge.