Senior Robotics Software Engineer
Leuven, Vlaams Gewest, Belgium
Octiva creates robotic labor automation solutions for the Controlled Environment Agriculture market in close collaboration and at the service of innovative growers. Octiva was created in 2021 from a merger from Priva’s robotic solutions and Octinion’s agricultural robotics. Priva is one of the global leaders in horticulture process control, Octinion is known for building ground-breaking agricultural robotics. With teams in De Lier (The Netherlands) and Leuven (Belgium), Octiva has about 40 employees.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll take accountability of the full software architecture and implementation.
We focus on a multidisciplinary approach, which implies that you'll work closely together with your colleagues who specialize in mechanics, electronics and vision.
- You have a Master in Industrial or Engineering Sciences (or equivalent through experience)
- You have a strong knowledge of C/C++, knowledge of Python and/or IoT is an advantage.
- Any self-taught technical knowledge is a strong advantage.
- You have high standards and strive for perfection, but you also know how to be pragmatic in order to respect the deadlines and budget.
- You communicate well and are able to work in team.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English is required (written and oral).
At Octiva you’ll become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Our organization culture is Teal, meaning that we focus very strongly on self-management, wholeness and evolutionary purpose – therefore it is important that you align with our purpose: being an innovator, collaborating with organizations world-wide to create disruptive solutions that help to use earth’s resources in a sustainable way. Since we are a young company the opportunities are ample. We will give you the training you require to further develop your expertise and knowledge.